taskbar plugin with labels

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Oct 25 17:08:44 CEST 2005

Jean-François Wauthy schreef:
> Le mardi 25 octobre 2005 � 15:22 +0200, Alexandre Aractingi a �crit :
>
>>Hi all, I just upgraded to Mandriva 2006 (comes with XFce 4.2.2) and I
>>noticed that the taskbar plugin in my panel shows labels that sometimes
>>go larger than expected (see attached screenshot). It didn't use to
>>happen before, is it a new bug/feature?
>

> bug with pango, fixed in svn

Maybe a little more explanation is needed here. The problem is caused by
a change in behavior of the latest versions of pango and gtk+. We have
updated Xfce in our subversion repository, but we still have to make a
new release that contains this fix.

Using a development version of libxfcegui4 or downgrading pango/gtk+ are
the only solutions currently. Hopefully we will be able to do a new
release soon.

	Jasper