xfmedia and dvb

Les Gray lgray at bigpond.net.au
Tue Oct 11 05:28:23 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I've been using xfce4.2 for about two months now and I love it. Before,
I ran Ubuntu with Gnome and my 2.1 GHz athlon XP/768 MB RAM system was
certainly responsive. But with Debian Testing (built up from a base
install), a lean, custom 2.6.12 kernel and, most importantly, xfce4, it
positively flies! :D

But I'm having a couple issues with xfmedia, though. I can use it to
watch digi TV through my KWorld Xpert VStream PCI DVB-T card. I was
impressed that it did a channel scan automatically (unlike gxine, which
I also use), but it has the annoying habit of doing this each time I
load the DVB playlist, and I don't know how to stop it. I already had a
channels.conf file in my ~/.xine directory, so I thought xfmedia
wouldn't have to bother with this step.

I've looked at all the config options, the documentation,  and done some
Googling, but I can't  find anything which relates specifically to this
problem. Does anyone else have this trouble?

The other thing is that there is no option to de-interlace the video,
which takes the sheen off the viewing experience a bit. Is there a plan
to include this in later versions of xfmedia?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Les