XFCE4 interaction with VNC

James Tappin james at tappin.me.uk
Mon Oct 3 11:19:34 CEST 2005

I've just been trying to use xfce4 on a VNC desktop. However if I put

startxfce4

in my .vnc/xstartup file nothing happens, and when I try it from the command
line (even after killing off all the gnome trash that's been started I know
not where [when I work on that machine directly I use KDE]) it complains
about there being another session manager running.

The server is running Debian/Sarge with the rather elderly 4.06 release of
xfce4.

Has anyone got such a combination running or is xfce4-session incompatible
with a vnc server?

James

--
James Tappin,             O__      "I forget the punishment for using
james at tappin.me.uk       --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering