4.2.2 on Sparc Solaris 10

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Oct 1 06:51:31 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 21:14 -0400, Andrew Conkling wrote:

> /me shudders.
>
> ...Maybe I'm not old enough to be nostalgic for that sort of thing,
> but I really can't see AT ALL why anyone would use Xfce 4 but look
> longingly back at 3....
>
> (Laugh; I'm being silly.)

	Heh, I can remember running xfce 1.x back when it was just a panel that
ran under fvwm.  Hell, there weren't even any lists back then.  xfce4 is
a marvel and one of the great collaborative works in the open source
desktop world, but the history of v1 through x3 shouldn't be lost.  You
would not believe the magic that Olivier did all by himself (well, with
the help of a few interested users).  And as a little reminder to anyone
on this list long enough to remember me...

	"Whatever it is, I'm against it!"