question about .config/xfce4/panel/contents.xml.active

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Thu Nov 24 21:22:18 CET 2005

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 10:44:27AM -0800, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> houghi wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 09:47:18AM -0800, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> >
> >>.active is the current configuration, which is copied to contents.xml
> >>when the panel is properly shut down.  contents.xml is what is loaded
> >>when the panel starts.
> >
> > This does not happen all the time. See th tread about the second desktop.
>
> ... which is totally irrelevant to the question at hand.

In my case contents.xml.active.1 is not saved as contents.xml.1 when
exiting.
In his case contents.xml.active is not saved as contents.xml when exiting.

That is the reason I thought they might be related. Sorry to have been
wrong.

houghi
--
"The Right Honorable Gentleman is indebted to his memory for his jests
and to his imagination for his facts."