Strange bug involving anjuta and dragging windows between workspaces

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 00:43:07 CET 2005

On 11/10/05, Alexander Toresson <alexander.toresson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/10/05, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 21:34 +0100, Alexander Toresson wrote:
> > > I just experienced the following:
> > >
> > > I was dragging anjuta from workspace 8 to workspace 2 using the
> > > graphical pager. When I dropped the window on workspace 2, I noticed
> > > that the window didn't appear on workspace 2 and that it wasn't on
> > > workspace 8 anymore. I first thought that it may have segfaulted, but
> > > then ps aux|grep anjuta revealed that it was still running. I began
> > > searching all my workspaces, but it was nowhere to find.
> > >
> > > I have no idea where this bug could be, and I'm posting it here
> > > because it was directly or indirectly related to what I did in the
> > > graphical pager.
> > >
> > > I guess I'll have to kill anjuta and restart it.
> >

> > Is it reproducible?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Olivier.
> >

> No. It has just happened once.

I just experienced this again. I was dragging X-Chat from workspace 6
to workspace 3, and it just disappeared. It's still running, but it's
nowhere to find.
This is with an 8 days old xfce from svn, which I just updated to the
latest xfce from svn, but haven't restarted it yet.

And you know what? I just reproduced it.
This is what you need to do:

1. Have a window open on a workspace that ain't the current workspace.
2. Kill xfwm4
3. Start xfwm4
4. Move the window you kept open to another workspace, but not to the
current workspace.
5. See it disappear

Regards, Alexander Toresson