The Thunar Path

aussiefax at charter.net aussiefax at charter.net
Wed Nov 16 17:58:47 CET 2005

Interesting article off Slashdot today about Type Managers replacing the standard File Manager.  I thougth perhaps the Thunar team should take a look at it.

http://www.icefox.net/articles/typemanager.html

Point being.  Why develop a new File Manager only to turn around and have it be outdated.  Linux has a LOT of files and the average user doesn't care about 99% of them.  A Type Manager system closely integrated with something like Beagle, in my opinion, is the best path to take for XFCE.  I know it's easier said than done, and I am no programmer.  But as a user I know the Type Manager system is what I'd like to see in my favorite linux desktop.

Ryan Buller
mraf.com