Xfdesktop with xorg virtual resolution

Nick Deubert ndeubert at optonline.net
Mon Nov 14 15:37:50 CET 2005

Hey Everyone,
First off I'd just like to say xfce is a great desktop/wm and my
favorite by far!

Now with that out of the way I have one issue/possible bug... I set my
xorg to use a virtual resolution of 1024x768 and actual resolution is
640x480(im using a really small screen). This works fine when starting X
alone (with startx), the screen scrolls in all directions fine when i
move the mouse to the edge. Then as soon as I launch xfdesktop (with or
without xfce4-session) the desktop gets locked in at 640x480. and I can
no longer scroll arround. I know this used to work because I used to use
it all the time and lastly I'm using the vesa driver if that matters. Is
this explicity disabled? Is there an option or something to allow this?
Thanks,
Nick
P.S. Is there are searchable mailing list?