xfprint and CUPS client problem

Michal Kapalka michal.kapalka at epfl.ch
Thu Nov 10 15:10:30 CET 2005

Hi,

I have the following problem: I have CUPS daemon installed on my system
(Gentoo) but it acts only as a client to another CUPS server (so only
the configuration file /etc/cups/client.conf is adjusted and no local
printers are connected, so /etc/cups/printers.conf is empty). Printing
with "lp" works well. The XFCE Printer Manager shows all the relevant
network printers but I am unable to set any properties (the property
window do not show up) or set any printer as the default one (no action
is taken). Furthermore, when I run xfprint, the list "Print to" is empty
and so I am unable to chose any printer or to set properties. Does
anyone know how to solve the problem?

My system: Gentoo 2005.1 and XFCE 4.2.2.

Thank you in advance for any help :)

Michal