Xfce SVN moving - progress and planning - update

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Thu Nov 3 15:55:03 CET 2005

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:25:53 -0700
Auke Kok wrote:

> > > BTW, all... If you have a lot of checkouts you don't want to
> > > re-checkout (be nice to the server!), you can do something
> > > easy like this to fix it:
> > >
> > > svn switch --relocate \
> > >     svn+ssh://username@svn.foo-projects.org/var/svn/xfce \
> > >     https://username@svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce
>
> yes, it offers the possibility to allow svn access without giving
> a full shell account to developers. It would become a grave concern
> if we would give a ssh account to all Xfce translators, for instance.
>
> Brian and me have been comtemplating giving senior devs an ssh
> account, however right now after just having setup mocha, I'm much
> more comfortable without that. This is something for later.

FYI, I needed the following path fix to resolve my commit problem:

    svn switch --relocate https://mocha.foo-projects.org/svn/xfce \
      https://daichi@svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce

That previous path worked last month at least, could it be considered
redirection error or something else? Anyway, now I can commit files,
thanks Brian.

Regards,
--
Daichi