error running xfdesktop

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Mon May 30 08:15:02 CEST 2005

f00bar wrote:
> I have tried compiling xfdesktop with both -Os and
> -O2. When I run it from within DDD, the following is
> output.
>
> Approximately half way down the output, you will find
> the following:
>
> (xfdesktop:3026): GLib-CRITICAL **:
> g_hash_table_insert: assertion `hash_table != NULL'
> failed

This and the other message are warnings, not errors. xfdesktop should
run just fine with it.

The 'segment' warning is from librsvg and has to do with SVG icons.
Choosing an icon theme with PNG's will get rid of it.

This hash table warning is from xfdesktop, but we don't know why it
happens. It doesn't do any harm.

	Jasper