xfce-4.2.2 graphical installer problem

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri May 20 21:34:02 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 18:42 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> Ah, that's fun.  Two solutions I think: 1) modify the installer so it
> does rm -rf on the temporary install sandbox on startup, 2) modify the
> Makefile so it checks if it's already a directory and then doesn't try
> mkdir.  I think #1 is probably safer - it's not really a good idea to
> install into a messy install sandbox anyway.

Unfortunately, #1 is not a solution because the installer installs files
in a separate directory first, in case something goes wrong before
completion, it doesn't override, change or remove existing installation
until installation is successfully completed (which is IMHO very smart
from Benny).

The only option is to fix the installation, which is not that hard...
I'll take care of that.

Cheers,
Olivier.