More Serious Problems with 4.2.x

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 18 02:54:53 CEST 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Now, since you're firing on all cylinders, what's the secret to get xmodmap
> to read ~/.Xmodmap on startup? I saw nothing in the FAQ about that.

   I just fixed the taskbar on the workstation and confirmed that xmodmap is
not being run on that machine, either. Does this have anything to do with
xfce4-sessions running now?

   Here's another strange thing. On the workstation, pressing the "quit"
button on the panel brings up the confirmation dialog box; on the notebook
there is no confirmation. It just kills X. I went looking for something in
the workstation's setup so I could exit without confirming, but I didn't see
where I can control this. A clue stick would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President