More Serious Problems with 4.2.x

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 18 01:35:24 CEST 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> ~/.xfce4/xinitrc is obsolete.  Use ~/.config/xfce4/xinitrc.

brian,

   Makes no difference. In ~/.config/xfce4/xinitrc the taskbar is already
commented out, but it still shows up on screen. And, I added the xmodmap
line, but that doesn't work here, either.

   It is frustrating that it's not working. One system I upgraded is my
notebook and I'm trying to get that ready for two days of meetings tomorrow
and Thursday. Not having the keys work as they have for the past eight years
means that I end up typing in uppercase when I try for a ctrl-<> command, and
other glitches.

   I just cannot figure out why these two aspects of xfce stopped working for
me at the upgrade. :-(

Thanks,

Rich

--