taskbar panel transparency

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon May 2 20:41:05 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 01:33 +0800, brandon wrote:
> So, how do i check whether i already have the embedded compositing
> manager is compiled in already or not?

If you had it compiled it, you'd know because you would see shadows
under the windows and a translucent Xfce panel.

> if not, can i just install it over my xfce or do i have to recompile
> it?

You have to recompile xfwm4 and specify "--enable-compositor" among
the ./configure parameters.

Please see the documentation (a copy is available online here
http://www.loculus.nl/xfce/documentation/docs-4.2/xfwm4.html )

> and if it is, how to i alter the settings for it to make the panel
> transparent?

Please see the documentation (a copy is available online here
http://www.loculus.nl/xfce/documentation/docs-4.2/xfce4-
panel.html#panel-transparency )

HTH
Olivier.