Terminal

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Mar 29 20:08:33 CEST 2005

James Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand that Terminal requires XML parser package in
> perl. What is this package used for, which other packages in
> xfce does not seem to need?

I'm not sure if I got you right here; but let's try: Xfce 4.2 does not
use intltool to manage translations, whereas Xfce 4.4 will do this (and
Terminal and Xfmedia do it already). So, you'll need the XML parser perl
module with future Xfce versions.

> However, since I am not the sysadmin, I cannot do this
> update. Is there a way to build Terminal without this
> package (even if it means losing a bit of the
> functionality)?

It's required for intltool, which in turn is used to manage translations
of .desktop/.xml/etc files.

> Thanks.
> james.

greets,