Terminal 0.2.4 released
benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sat Mar 19 22:02:13 CET 2005
I've just released the next version of Terminal, which finally includes
the most requested feature - clicking on an URL opens a web browser. All
together, the following major changes have been made:
- You can now open hyperlinks (and email addresses) from within
Terminal by either middle-clicking the hyperlink or choosing the
appropriate item from the right-click menu. This feature is optional
and can be disabled.
- When terminal background was set to "background image" and the user
opened a new terminal tab, the background image was not always set
properly. This is fixed now.
- A new hidden option "MiscCycleTabs" was added to allow users to
circulate through terminal tabs, similar to what Mozilla Firefox
does by default.
- Another new hidden option "MiscTabCloseButtons" was added to allow
users to disable the close buttons in the terminal tab headers.
- The keyboard shortcuts to go to a specific terminal tab now work
properly even if the main menu bar is hidden.
- Added the possibility to let Vte auto-detect the backspace and delete
bindings for the terminal.
- Changed default paste shortcut to Shift+Ctrl+V.
- The configuration file is watched for changes now and will be reread
automatically. You no longer need to restart Terminal if you manually
edited the terminalrc file.
- Terminal now supports D-BUS 0.23 (and earlier) and D-BUS 0.31 (and
later), while the dependency on D-BUS is optional.
- The output of "Terminal --help" now properly shows the translation
(if any) instead of the english text.
- Various usability improvements.
- Updated translations: os-cillation (de), Stephane Roy (fr), Jasper
- New translations: Jari Rahkonen (fi), Yuval Tanny (he), Daichi
Kawahata (ja), Anthony Ivanoff (ru), Army Gu (zh_CN)
- The documentation has been updated.
Further information is available from the Terminal website:
More information about the Xfce