XFCE Panel configuration problem

Alexander Soudackov souda at chem.psu.edu
Fri Mar 18 23:15:17 CET 2005

I just upgraded to XFCE 4.2 on my laptop and got very strange behaviour
of the XFCE panel. When I login to XFCE (panel starts automatically) for
the first time the panel configuration file (contents.xml) is created in
my ~/.config/xfce4/panel. The file gets copied from the system directory
and for some reason gets renamed as contents.xml.active. Now, when I
customize the panel (add buttons, etc.) and logout, the next time I
login, a new fresh copy of the system standard contents.xml file gets
copied to my ~/.config/xfce4/panel again! So, all my changes get lost! I
have never seen this before, so please, does anybody have an idea of
what is going on? And how I can fix it?

THanks.