questions about Xfce, gtk ans gentoo

Sami Samhuri sami at no-eff-eks.com
Thu Mar 17 20:40:27 CET 2005

* On Thu Mar-17-2005 at 01:22:42 PM +0100, Maximilian Schleiss said:
> Hi all,
> I am using Xfce on a gentoo distro on a toshiba laptop. The bugfix just
> came out in the portage tree, it is still masked but I have a question
> about installing it.
> Should I use the Xfce4 base ebuild or is it better to install the
> packages one by one?

I see no reason to install the packages 1 by 1 unless you _only_ want
specific packages. If you want all of Xfce then I would recommend
'emerge -av xfce4'.

> The second question I have regards GTK+. I have version 2.6.2 in Slot 2
> and 1.2.10-r11 in Slot 1!?! Is this right?

This is correct. Hopefully older GTK applications will convert to GTK2
soon so we can only have one installed but for now, both are most likely
required.

> Have a nice day in sunny europe.

I'll have a nice sunny day in Canada, thanks. :)

--
Sami Samhuri