Xfce Weekly News March 4th - March 13th 2005

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Mar 14 00:07:04 CET 2005

Hey Erik,

> My late, and somewhat unclickable weekly update for Xfce is available
> via it's new home on the Xfce Dev Blog.
>
> http://blog.xfce.org/index.php?p=90#more-90

Very cool stuff - except that you did not enable comments for the blog
entry. ;-)

One think needs clearance; in the "average filename length" section: The
test results are currently used in the development of a fast MIME type
detection algorithm, not in the UI research. The details are available from

http://thunar.xfce.org/wiki/implementation:mime-glob-match#ideas_for_the_new_implementation

(the information is not yet complete, I'll do more work on this during
the week).

greets,
Benedikt

PS: Can you perhaps make the links clickable in the blog (does our blog
support that?)?