how to stop raising gmail window?

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri Mar 11 09:55:38 CET 2005

Thetargos wrote:

>I'm also suing this, I think there is an option for xfwm to disable
>windows from taking (stealing) focus. Check the manual for XFWM4 under
>the hidden options for this as I don't remeber exactly how should this
>be done ;)

this is a javascript feature that you shoudl turn off:

disable the ability in firefox for webpages (through javascript) to
"Raise or lower windows".

xfwm4 is just listening to the application's wishes and doing the right
thing. Creating some form of ACL for window events doesn't make sense in
the current development stage. Use devilspie for fine-grained solutions.

sofar