New Version of Xfce4PanelMenu released

Mon Mar 7 14:52:21 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 06:36 +0100, Radoslaw Pociecha wrote:
> > A great addition!
> >
> Thanks
>
> > 1. It is a quirk of mine, but once in a while I click on the menu
> > button to check on something and then want to click it again to clear
> > the menu from the screen. Right now, I need to click on the desktop or
> > another application window to clear the menu. It would be nice if I
> > could click on the menu button again to clear it. The Xfce Menu panel
> > applet functions in this way for comparison.
> >
> > 2. When clicking on the menu and then clicking on the previously
> > focused window, the previously focused window does not regain focus. I
> > need to click on another window or the desktop and then the original
> > window in order for it to regain focus. Seems to be predictably
> > repeatable.
> >
> > 3. Using the mount/unmount applet, the information displayed is cutoff
> > horizontally (at the right margin). I need to make the menu width
> > >1000 pixels on a 1600x1200 display to get most of the information in
> > the window. Is it possible the have the window horizontally scroll so
> > that the default width does not need to be so big?
> >
> fixed code is in CVS

Thanks!

> > 4. In the file browser, the "Recent files" option does not seem to
> > pick up the entries in ~/.recently-used. Is the list supposed to pick
> > up the entries in that file or do they come from elsewhere?
> >
> it takes files from its own recentfiles.xml

FWIW, if I am reading correctly, the freedesktop.org standard for
recently used files specifies using "~/.recently-used":

http://standards.freedesktop.org/recent-file-spec/recent-file-
spec-0.2.html

The advantage here is that many GNOME and KDE apps use this approach,
which would standardize the mechanism.

> > 5. Also in the file browser, might it be possible to enable/disable
> > the display of the MIME types?
> >
> good sugestion, I will add it in next release.

Great, thanks again.

Best regards,

Marc