Fullscreen OpenGL applications result in session termination

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sat Mar 5 22:46:22 CET 2005

Hi

If you have compositing extension enabled, please turn it off. It's not
uncommon that the compositor causes a whole X servercrash  with OpenGL.

You can do that either from the xorg.conf of by disabling the compositor
in xfwm4. Fro ma terminal, just type:

killall xfwm4 && xfwm4 --compositor=off

(Dopn't forget to save your session at logout if you want this change to
be restored at next logon)

HTH
Olivier.