Enable reboot/shutdown (newbie question?)

Nathan Elliott nelliott at gci.com
Fri Mar 4 19:23:52 CET 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Elliott
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:43 PM
To: 'xfce at xfce.org'
Subject: Enable reboot/shutdown (newbie question?)

I read the manual, and searched the online mailing list archives...and
either I'm the only dope with this problem, or I'm just missing the obvious.

I'm running XFCE 4.2 installed via RPMs from http://www.eslrahc.com/ on
Mandrake 10.1

Everything works great, and I love it!!!...Except I can't get the darned
shutdown/reboot options enabled.

Snippet from my /etc/sudoers file:

nelliott ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
nelliott localhost=/usr/local/libexec/xfsm-shutdown-helper

As you might guess, I can sudo anything I want on the system.  Still, the
little reboot and shutdown options are un-selectable to me.  =(

The binary file "xfsm-shutdown-helper" actually installed itself to
/usr/lib, so first I tried adding that path to my sudoers file.  Next I
created a symlink to the file in /usr/local/libexec...

Please help!??

Thanks.

Message: 10