What is the build order of Xfce 4.2.2 from source?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Mon Jun 27 07:56:16 CEST 2005

Op zo, 26-06-2005 te 10:08 -0700, schreef Brett:
> Am trying to give a Xfce a try for the first time. The docs on the web
> site say to build in this order:
>    1. xfce4-dev-tools

It says this on the site? That's wrong. It is only needed to build from
SVN and currently only available from SVN.

> But the source does not include xfce4-dev-tools. So thinking that this was
> just an out of date document I just tried to build the minimum without the
> xfce4-dev-tools:
>    1. libxfce4util
>    2. libxfcegui4
>    3. libxfce4mcs
>    4. xfce-mcs-manager
>
> It all seemed to build fine but the startxfce4 binary was not built. After
> some investigation I see that the xfce-utils source has this so I built
> that next. But running startxfce4 quits with some error about a missing
> font as far as I can tell.

Well, you missed the (5) All other sources. I don't know why you expect
this to work without building the panel, the window manager, the desktop
manager... you get the point.

Here is a list of components and what they do:

http://www.loculus.nl/xfce/documentation/docs-4.2/xfce4-components.html

	Jasper