4.2.1: Iconbox Not Working

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jun 11 03:55:59 CEST 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> As mentioned before (and noted in a very visible comment in the stock
> xinitrc), ...

   Well, I guess my copy came with a non-stock xinitrc because there is no
such comment visible. And, my experimentation just now demonstrated to me
that if xfce4-session is not _prior_ to calls to the iconbox, desktop, and panel
I get two displays running, one on top of the other.

   Anyway, manually invoking the iconbox set it in the session manager's list
of things to start running the next time X is invoked. So, despite no visible comment
in the xinitrc installed here, it's all working just fine.

'Bye,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President