How to specify workspace when starting a program?

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 10:04:12 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 09:01:09AM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 07:45:07AM +0200, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> > Chris,
> >
> > On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 23:18 +0100, Chris Green wrote:
> > > What I want though is to start with the same layout every time, not to
> > > start with the layout I left the last time I exited.
> >
> > 1) Prepare your layout as you want it
> > 2) Quit your session, make sure "Save session" is enabled
> > 3) Log on, the session is restored
> > 4) Quit your session again, but this time uncheck "Save session" so that
> > your last session will remain
> >
> Yes, I'm there now, I have just about what I want - with a few
> oddities that I've reported regarding firefox.

By the way, where does xfce save the session information?  One of the
nice things about CDE (I use Solaris at work) is that you can manually
edit the saved session information to fine tune it.

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."