SVN snapshots

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Tue Jun 7 22:23:36 CEST 2005

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

>Nick Schermer wrote:
>

>>Why aren't their Xfce-svn snapshots created every week/day/whatever
>>(with ./configure file of course).
>>There are quite a lot software packages with weekly snapshots (X.org
>>for example).
>>

>As JF mentioned, lack of resources is one reason.  Another is disk space
>and bandwidth.  (Well, ok, disk space isn't so much of a reason
>anymore.)  At any rate, if you want tarballs of specific parts of the
>SVN tree, you can... oh, no, you can't.  Hey Auke, any reason you
>disabled the "create tarball" button on WebSVN?  (Yeah, I know,
>potential for abuse, but it's really useful since we don't do snapshots.)

this is the sole reason why I disabled that option actually. I have
nothing against the owners of each package maintaining snapshots e.d. in
their public_html on the server though, although I do have to enlarge
/home on espresso ... I still have 20gb unpartitioned so that should not
be a problem atm.

However there's some other stuff going on that might change things a
bit. I'll have to wait on that. You'll hear more later.

sofar