pppoe plugin

Andreas J. Guelzow aguelzow at taliesin.ca
Mon Jun 6 02:04:03 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Sun, 2005-05-06 at 18:17 +0300, עמיחי תאומים Amichai Teumim wrote:
> I had nothing in my lock file. I don't know what mine is. When I run pon
> the only thing it lists is:
>
> Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.
> RP-PPPoE plugin version 3.3 compiled against pppd 2.4.2
>
> Where do I find my lock file?

I know nothing about ADSL, but what I would do to figure out the
lockfile:

1) run poff manually to make sure the connection is off

2) list the files in /var/lock/

3) run pon and make sure the connection is being successfully
established.

4) list the files in /var/lock/ and compare that list with the list
obtained in (2).

Let me know whether you get a difference between those two.

Andreas

PS: If you click on the modem lights icon, is the connection in fact
being established?

--
Andreas J. Guelzow
Taliesin Software, Shelties, Pyr Sheps