How to sp.. => mailing list searching

Chris Green chris at areti.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 16:29:23 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 04:12:48PM +0200, Auke Kok wrote:
> Chris Green wrote:
>
> >By the way does anyone else find the search facilities on the xfce
> >mailing lists completely useless?  I tried to search and see if I had
> >asked this question before but there was no way I could find anything
> >remotely useful.
> >

> use google to search the mailman archives: Type the following in the
> search bar:
>
> "site:foo-projects.org/pipermail" "searchwords"
>
> that should work sufficiently. You can even search specifically per list
> that way.

Isn't that what the search at:-
    http://www.xfce.org/index.php?page=mailinglists&lang=en

does for you anyway?  It seems to if you leave the "Search mailing
lists archives" button set.

However if I search for "Chris Green" for example it finds nothing and
I've definitely posted here a few times over the years!

--
Chris Green (chris at areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."