xfdesktop not loading or overrun by Gnome

Paul M. Bucalo pmbuc at pmbservices.com
Mon Jan 31 17:25:01 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 11:13, Ondrej Mihalyi wrote:
> Just a guess:
>
> nautilus is by default application that gets restarted by session manager
> when killed or stop in session manager.  You have to turn it to normal
> application ins session manager instead of restart.  Maybe that's what
> happens, you stop nautilus and it's gets restarted.
>
> No other idea
>
> Ondrej

Hmmm...I'm not sure that I see where you are going. The fact that I
can't get xfce-session to save my desktop whether I kill nautilus or not
suggests to me that this isn't an XFce problem. Unfortunately, I haven't
been successful in finding the call to load this daemon, nor is the
wording I am using in Google to search for an answer bringing up
anything useful.

This started when this alarm daemon was being loaded up. I haven't
changed anything in Evo to account for this. All workstations use Evo in
the same way and none of the others are loading this daemon. I can only
assume the daemon is causing this since nothing else is making sense.
I'm going to try Evolution list and see if anyone there sees it as
'their' problem.

Thanks.

Paul