XFCE won't install

Rusty Herbert Cross rhcross at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 01:42:14 CET 2005

I'm installing XFCE 4.2.0 on an older computer.  An AMD-K6 with 256 Mb
of Ram.  The OS is OpenBSD 3.6.  I ran the installer for 46.7 hours
with no noticeable progress.

The top command reports that make was running at %96 for all 46.7
hours, so it is not frozen as I had thought.
Top also shows that I have plenty of RAM (150Mb free) while the OS,
the installer, and the X system occupy 90Mb.

The .xfce4.installer-log has 6 pages more than a log for a 14 hour
install that I cancelled last week.  I want to ask this group, is
there any anecdotal evidence that XFCE will run on a computer as old
as this?