XFCE4-Mixer slider controls Vol, not PCM

Ondrej Mihalyi mihalyi at matfyz.cz
Fri Jan 28 12:13:11 CET 2005

I'm now a happy XFCE4.2 user, however, I was using version 4.0.6 on debian a month ago and as far as I remember, it was possible to set, which mixer should the slider control.  If it's not true, try upgrading xfce-mixer, it's only a panel plugin and its version should not be dependant on the version of XFCE.  If I'm wrong, upgrade to XFCE4.2 would solve the problem.  In new version you can adjust the mixer that the slider controls.

However, I'm not using xfce4-mixer at all, because as all mixer applications it lacks one feature I really miss.  I have SB1024 and 4 speakers and probably there is a flaw in driver, but Master mixer only controls the front speakers, not all of them.  I have to adjust manually wave suround mixer to control rear speakers and that's just not good.  All mixers adjust only one mixer, whether it is xfce mixer, gnome mixer, xmms mixer.

I need to adjust two mixers at the same time: MASTER and WAVE SUROUND.
I know it would need some redesign of the mixer application, but I would like to propose a feature request for adjusting more than one mixer by slider, if I want to (at least two).  I don't believe there's something going to happen to ALSA drivers for SB1024 to fix that problem.

Cheers,

Ondrej Mihályi