color picker

KUTYLA Peggy peggy.kutyla at laposte.net
Sat Jan 22 10:28:30 CET 2005

Le vendredi 21 janvier 2005 à 11:45 -0800, Brian J. Tarricone a écrit :
> KUTYLA Peggy wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is it possible to directly call the color picker dialog box from
> >xfce-setting-show backdrop ?
> >

> nope.  something similar to that will likely be possible with CVS in a
> few weeks, depending on how much time i have.  though i don't think i'm
> going to make it possible to just open the color picker from the command
> line - i'm not really seeing how that's useful.
>
>     -b
ok, let me try to explain.

Could be useful when you are "playing" with color.
For exemple:

I can _pick a color everywhere in the screen_ an use the hex value when
editing config files (gtkrc,themerc...)

_preview_ and choose a color to matching well with an image

*without having the backdrop dialog box opened*

If you are not convince, i'll manage without.
You don't have do this only for one user.

Thank for the reply.

Peggy Kutyla - peggy.kutyla at laposte.net
Linux Registered User 328488