Xfce took away my sound

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 21 23:33:35 CET 2005

Christian Johansen wrote:

>Well, I have not updated any packages for quite a while, and certainly
>not since the last reboot. I installed xfce, and once I entered it
>(did not reboot in the meantime) the sound was immediately crippled :(

Is it possible that something else on your system (or maybe an app)
started something like esd or arts, which took over the sound device?
I've noticed that happen on my laptop occasionally, which is annoying
since its sound driver doesn't allow multiple-open.

But still, Xfce4 stays away from sound for the most part.  I'd be more
than surprised if it had something to do with us.

    -Brian

P.S.  Please don't CC: me on list mail.  (If *you* don't want to be
CC:ed, remove your address from the reply-to field.)