ANNOUNCE: Mousepad 0.1.0

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 23:15:58 CET 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:02:51 -0800, Brian J. Tarricone
<bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Moritz Heiber wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:48:57 -0700
> >Matt Thompson <thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu> wrote:
> >

> >>I'll third it.  Of course, you only need to provide highlighting for
> >>Fortran 95 and zsh.  Nothing else is needed.
> >>

> >Nah .. you're missing 'Fourdan'ish' there .. we definitely need syntax
> >highlighting for that. 8-)
> >

> yzah!
>
> to actually be on topic, i'm *not* in favor of adding syntax
> highlighting to mousepad.

I'm in the middle meself. If I can do it without signifigantly
sacrificing startup time, then that's a definate "i dunno".

Now that it's out there, and people seem to be using it, I'm gonna
watch the votes come in informally. I'm going to have to do a big code
cleanup first anyway, I have some ideas for a pretty signifigant
restructuring. Although, with a Notepad-esque text editor, there is a
high likelyhood that "pretty signifigant restructuring" is "excessive
effort" ;-)

  i just don't think that's the point of it.
> use something less lightweight if you need highlighting.  mousepad
> should be for jotting down random notes, editing config files, stuff
> like that.  you don't need highlighting.  hell, the code for doing just
> syntax highlighting would likely be half the size of the current codebase.
>
>    -b

CAPS LOCK: ITS LIKE THE CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME
-Erik