programming two-state launcher

Eric Blade ekdikeo4 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 21:21:32 CET 2005

That looks like something that could stand some improvement then.

"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

>I would appreciate help in setting up the two-state launcher. For example, If
>I put a "mount" command in the proper blank, how do I get the "umount"
>command, or does clicking the "off" icon take care of that automatically
>(although I can't see how).

IIRC, the two-state launcher only runs a single command. for the "on"
action, it runs the command passing "1" as the first commandline
argument, and for the "off" action, it passes "0". so you'd need to
write a script, something like this:

#!/bin/bash
[ "$1" = "1" ] && mount /mnt/foobar || umount /mnt/foobar

-brian