No. of workspaces

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 17:33:57 CET 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:46:30 +0100, Marcin Wasilewski
<marcinwasilewski at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when I type 'xfce-setting-show', the XFCE SETTINGS MANAGER appears, but
> there are no options for setting the number of workspaces. Besides I'd like
> to find out where this option is stored.
> I think that Xfce was prepared specifically for HP, but when I ask for
> support they direct me to my reseller which doesn't know.
> I saw in the /var/log/xdm.errors such message:
> ** Message: xfwm4: workspaces count not set. Using rc value:4
> so maybe it is possible....

I believe HP shipped with a modified form of the CVS about halfway
through 4.1. So, if you don't see a "Workspaces and Margins" applet in
the xfce-settings-show app, then you can use the keybindings for
adding and removing workspaces. Alt+Insert adds, Alt+Delete removes.
If HP has changed the key modifiers, check in the window manager
settings under "Keyboard"

> Best regards
> Marcin

-Erik