Startup items?

mark_taber mark.taber at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 17 19:54:19 CET 2005

First, let me say congratulations on xfce 4.2.  A staunch Gnome
supporter, I have made the switch to xfce 4.2.  Excellent, just
excellent.  I already have a fairly fast machine; what I love about xfce
is that I can tell that I have a fast machine!

Now, for my question.  I have a couple of items that in Gnome are run on
startup--the RHN notification icon (the [in]famous red ball) and my
Fireststarter firewall.  Under xfce, these don't seem to be starting.  I
already have 'Launch Gnome services on startup' selected in Sessions and
Startup settings.

This is not a major tragedy--I can very easily start them manually; it
would just be icing on the cake.

Thanks,
Mark Taber
State of California