Installed XFCE4.2 RC3 on FreeBSD-CURRENT, Now No Anti-Aliased Fonts in Linux-Opera

Jud judmarc at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 9 15:45:17 CET 2005

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 15:35:04 +0100, Oliver Lehmann <lehmann at ans-netz.de>
wrote:

> Jud wrote:

>> our
>> own.
>> Trying to load Xft 2...
>>          dlopen("libXft.so.2") failed:
>> /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.1:
>> ELF file OS ABI invalid
>>          dlopen("libXft2.so") failed: libXft2.so: cannot open shared
>> object
>> file: No such file or directory
>>          Failed. Trying again, really hard this time, by opening
>> libfontconfig on our own
>>          dlopen("libfontconfig.so.1") failed
>>          Failed
>> Trying to load Xft 1...
>>          dlopen("libXft.so.1") failed:
>> /usr/X11R6/lib/libfontconfig.so.1:
>> ELF file OS ABI invalid
>>          Failed
>
> for me this looks like an opera or X problem... I don't see any xfce libs
> involved.

Yes, I agree.  But since anti-aliasing worked fine before installation of
XFCE4.2 RC3, I am trying to figure out what has changed.  Perhaps
something in XFCE's config files is pointing Linux-Opera at different
libXft or libfontconfig libraries than it was using before the
installation?

Jud

P.S.  Oliver, I keep getting the same error (about a duplicate script in
bsd.port.mk) when I try to use the various versions of your FreeBSD ports
patch.  I imagine there is something elementary I'm doing wrong.  What I
do is move the patch to /usr/ports and run patch -p0 < patchfile.  The
patch applies cleanly.  Then I cd to /usr/ports/x11-wm/xfce4 and type
'make install clean,' and always get the same error about duplicate
scripts or something like that.  Any obvious error in this procedure?