sound controll

Fri Jan 7 16:04:42 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 06:53 -0800, Timothy Payne wrote:
> I've just installed xfce on a Fedora Core 3 machine (old) and it runs
> much better.  But I can't find how to setup or control sounds.
>
> Thank you
> Tim...

It depends upon what you mean by sounds.

If you are referring to "system" sounds like GNOME has, there are none
in Xfce.

If on the other hand, you are referring to general audio, you can add a
volume control plug-in to the panel.

Depending upon which version of Xfce you are running, some additional
help is available at:

http://www.loculus.nl/xfce/documentation/

If you need to do an initial sound card configuration, you can also run
system-config-souncard from a console.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz