panel plugins: wavelan + netload

Kamil Trojan kamil.trojan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 19:51:41 CET 2005

hi,

I'm using two network cards in my notebook but I never use them both in
the same time. When I use one I don't use the second one therefore I
don't load its module. I cannot have both modules loaded for I have
problems with routing. One interface is a wireless one and to
monitor it I use wavelan panel plugin. But it the plugin appears in
panel even when the wifi doesn't have module loaded.

is it possible to fix the name of the interface and make the plugin not
to show it in panel when there is no such device?

I have another problem connected with it.

When I fix the name in netload plugin and change the network (the net
cards are changing and working iface name is changing) I get error
messages which states that there is not such device, which is true.
Is it possible to put a group of ifaces for netload plugin?
something like a sum of I/O kbytes for ifaces.

thanks,
Kamil

--
Kamil Trojan