keybinding in xfwm4 and windows keys

Richard Boyce boyce at ccdc.cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 25 11:15:48 CET 2005

Marc H. Thoben wrote:
> Richard Boyce wrote:
>  > I've had this too - Debian (sarge) with xfce 4.2. When I then press
>  > the windows key, the shortcut doesn't work...
>  >

> Hello Richard,
>
> How exactly does it not work ? Did it bind "Super_L", did you get
> "Mod4+Super_L" or did the windows key not get recognized at all ?

Hi Marc,

It was the second - Mod4+Super_L that was bound. Since then I've changed
to using the windows key and z, which comes up as Mod4+z. This works as
a keyboard shortcut now.

> If it's the first case (which happens to me too, using debian also), you
> can "fix" that by downgrading the package "xlibs" to 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4.

I'm using 4.3.0.dfsg.1-10, like you said. Seems the behaviour has
changed - "Mod4+Super_L" gets bound. Perhaps this would work for you too?

> It started happening to me when 4.3.0.dfsg.1-5 got released and I have
> pinned to 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4 ever since. I suppose you have sarge's -10
> installed. Sid has -12, but I have not tested it yet.
>
> Good Luck !

Thanks for your help!
Richard