icon themes

Matt Thompson thompsma at jilau1.colorado.edu
Wed Feb 23 02:47:34 CET 2005

Jason Keltz wrote:
> I can't really seem to find much information on icons in Xfce.  From
> what I understand, Xfce is using the freekdesktop.org icon framework.  I
> have installed the "hicolor" theme from freekdesktop.org.  If I want to
> increase the number of icons on my system so that the users have more
> selection to choose from when adding entries to the panel, do I need to
> download Xfce specific icon themes, or do I go to something like
> http://art.gnome.org/themes/icon and download away?

Most Gnome themes will do what they do well.  To change everything, you
have to work.  For example, on my box I use Gartoon's Gnome, Xfce,
Firefox, and GTK theme.

Luckily, icon themes are easy to add and easy to forget!

Matt

--
Learning just means you were wrong and they were right. - Aram
    Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/