panel system menu don't show all items?

Christian V. J. Brüssow cvjb at cvjb.de
Tue Feb 22 11:51:47 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 03:02:42PM -0800, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>Alexander Toresson wrote:
>>On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:35:51 -0800
>>>>
>>>If you don't want the scroll arrows, you have to remove items from the
>>>menu so it isn't taller than the screen.
>>>
>>This happens for me too. And it isn't due to the menu being taller than
>>the screen.
>>I've got an xfce menu attached to my panel. Sometimes when I press it, not
>>everything is shown, and I have to scroll. The way to avoid that is to
>>click
>>outside the menu and then open it again, so I'm afraid it's a bug.
>>
>Well, it's just a normal menu, so if there's any bug, it seems like it's
>gtk's.  What version of gtk are you using?

I think it is an GTK+ bug. I never had this problem with the xfce menu
in the panel, but with other GTK+ applications, e.g. jpilot. I have
noticed, that it happens, when the open menu would stretch beyond a
screen border, not because the menu is too tall, but the opening
direction would draw a part of the menu beyond the screen borders.

Here I have libgtk2, version 2.4.14-2 (Debian testing).

Christian