X keyboard setting

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Sun Feb 13 19:03:24 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 16:48 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
>I need to use my British keyboard in Xfce4. I've tried putting "setxkbmap gb
>&" in my .xinitrc, and I've tried running the same command in an xterm but
>without the ampersand. Regardless, my keyboard reverts almost immediately
>to the US layout. What am I doing wrong?

Just to keep this thread alive,
I'm assuming your X config has US as the default layout?  I recently
asked a question about this on the list (mine was this plus a question
about the xkb panel plugin).  In my case, I want to run my user with the
secondary layout (Dvorak) but US is listed as default in the X config
and it doesn't work.

Solidarity?
Andrew