xfprint4 issue

Jason Keltz jas at cs.yorku.ca
Fri Feb 11 16:02:52 CET 2005

Hi..

The output of lpq on our system is as follows:

Printer: csb2054 at silver (dest csb2054 at localhost) 'Research Master Queue (csb2054)' (subservers csb2054-1, csb2054-2)
 Queue: no printable jobs in queue
 Server: pid 32291 active
Printer: csb2054-1 at silver  'Research Slave Queue (csb2054-1)'
 Queue: 1 printable job
 Server: pid 7932 active
 Unspooler: pid 7933 active
 Filter_status: Printing files: /tmp/ricoh.banner.7954.0 dfA186green.cs.yorku.ca
 Rank   Owner/ID                  Class Job Files                 Size Time
active user1 at green+186           A   186 smbprn.002127.60aiHq824470 09:58:26
Printer: csb2054-2 at silver  'Research Slave Queue (csb2054-2)'
 Queue: 1 printable job
 Server: pid 32292 active
 Unspooler: pid 32293 active
 Filter_status: Printing files: /tmp/ricoh.banner.32318.0 dfA812green.cs.yorku.ca
 Rank   Owner/ID                  Class Job Files                 Size Time
stalled(1230sec) user2 at green+812  A   812 smbprn.002111.uUaaLb  5687 09:38:39

---

This is an LPRng master/slave queue configuration.. is this confusing the
BSD-LPR engine?

How would the system get the printer list from this anyway?  (There are
about 30 other printers in our dept.)

If there is a way for me to hack a specially crafted lpq to make this
work, it would be great...

jas.