xfprint4 issue

Jason Keltz jas at cs.yorku.ca
Thu Feb 10 16:43:40 CET 2005

Hi.
I have a question re: xfprint4.
If I call it up from the panel, it comes up fine, but if I try to click
on the arrow to the right of the "Print to:" box which should list the
available printers, the entire environment (Xfce et all) hangs until I
go to another machine, login to the machine running Xfce and kill the
xfprint4 program.  Does anyone else experience this? What might the
problem be?

Also -- if I try to run xfprint4 from the command line, I get:
(xfprint4:20441): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon
'gnome-fs-home'. The 'hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:
         http://freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme/releases

What is this about?

I have gone into the settings manager, and selected BSD-LPR as the print
system type.  There doesn't seem to be any information in the docs on
where xfprint gets its printer list from.

Thanks for any help you can provide ..

Jason.