xfdesktop and xplanet

Fridtjof Busse fbusse at gmx.de
Fri Feb 4 07:17:14 CET 2005

* Christian V. J. Brüssow <cvjb at cvjb.de>:
> Hi Fridtjof,
>
> Try this:
>
> 1. Get the Id of the xfdesktop root window (e.g. use xwininfo).
> 2. Start xplanet like this (script in Autostart?):
>    xplanet -window-id <the root window-id from step 2>

Thanks for tip with window-id, I'm going to try that as well.
Just for the archives: I'm currently using Didiers way, as I start
xplanet in .xsession with -output and run "kill -USR1 `pidof xfdesktop`"
every 5 minutes from cron, so I get the new background. Works very well.

--
Fridtjof Busse
"I don't feel like I've got all that much too important to say on the

George W. Bush
September 15, 2000
Spoken on ABC's 20/20.