I would like my desktop back?

Erik Peterson erik.exists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 08:17:40 CET 2005

Hello All,

I am running Xfce 4.2 on top of fedora core 3 and have been using
nautilus to browse my files.  After a fresh install of xfce I was
reconfiguring my dock, icon holding thingy, and accidientally launched
nautilus without the appropriate -no--desktop switch and not to
surprisingly the gnome desktop appears.  I have done this many times
before and alway fix it by just logging out of xfce and logging back
in.  I went to go do this but did not notice the the "save current
setup" box was checked. Now when ever I log I am greeted by the gnome
desktop.  I have done the requisit googling and searching in the xfce
mailing list archive and have come up with nothing.  Please help me
get my lovely simple and clean xfce wallpaper / "desktop" back.  If
you need more details let me know and I will be happy to provide.  I
have tried killing nautilus with a little killall action but to no
avail.

On a seperate note where are the docks, icon holding thingies, config
files stored so that I might save them so that in the future when i
reinstall xfce and or switch distros I dont have to go through setting
up all my launchers again and other wise configure xfce to my liking.
I would assume that if i switch distros the file(s) won't be perfect
and there will be some breakage, this is fine - at least I would have
a head start. I have not looked into this but thought I would add it
on while I had your attention(s).

Thank You

Erik Peterson.